<$BlogRSDURL$>
thoughtsnips
Thursday, August 21, 2003
 
I am officially on a sabattical from this blog now.... till the weekend after the coming... what with my candidacy, finals week, and a apt move coming up... However, I would like to start some conversation so that people do not forget this page!

In the recent (absolutely pointless) no-confidence motion debate in the parliament, one argument that kept popping up (from what I read in the papers) was Pokhran. While, obviously, NDA was preening, Sonia Gandhi came up with a lame statement that but for its predecessors, this govt could not have pulled that off. Seems Mani Shaker Aiyer asked Advani if "Chagai was a turning point in the history of Pakistan, just as Pokhran is supposed to be a turning point for us."

When I read this, the first question that popped into my mind was, after Pokhran II, are we safe? Has it proved to be a good idea? And where do we go from here?

Come on guys, shoot!

--R

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger