<$BlogRSDURL$>
thoughtsnips
Thursday, August 07, 2003
 
Re: UCC and cow slaughter

Two quick notes (and then some sleep for me):
1. That UCC being voluntary idea seems something novel - and a good way ahead! However, let me warn here itself - to me, UCC is NOT ABOUT MUSLIMS. It is about every religion and its personal law. It is as much abt the lack of option for divorce for Chritians (which is available to Hindus), and the special tax incentives for Hindu joint families (why not Muslim joint families too?).

2. I myself might have erred here - Ban on cow slaughter is just a part of the Cow issue. For many in the Go Samrakshna Movement, including the leading lights like HH Sri Jayendra Saraswati, the real task there is Cow protection. So, we need to discuss the expanded theme (also) when we discuss abt this.

--R

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger